Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Scavenger-innovator

Yesterday Loucas sent me a link to an article on John Thackara’s Doors of Perception blog. The article was about how design practice and education has to undergo a paradigm shift, and three steps to achieve this. Although I did not totally agree with his three steps (especially not the affirmation that new language is needed – why is there always so much emphasis on semantics?), one quote I found very inspiring and relevant was:

"Offer them your scavenger-innovator design skills"
I really like this term, scavenger-innovator, because it implies a level of practicality, versatility and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude that I think is really great. Now I am contradicting myself by getting attached to new vocabulary and catch phrases...

No comments:

Post a Comment